Hiring All Saints’ Church
All Saints’ Church building is a large, light, open space that can be adapted if needed, with a small kitchenette and two toilets. Marcham with Garford PCC is willing to hire this out to groups upon request, but any activities will need to fit around church activities. Tables and chairs can be provided.
For regular hirers £15 per hour (pro-rata)
For occasional hirers £20 per hour (pro-rata) plus £10 deposit
This agreement is made between the Parochial Church Council of Marcham with Garford of All Saints Church, Church Street, Marcham OX13 6NP hereinafter referred to as MWG and the Hirer.
Please enter the hire fees as you understand them.
Hire Fee (total including deposit):
Please make sure you read the Terms and Conditions of Hire and the PCC Safeguarding Policy Statement and sign at the bottom of the form.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The person named in the Hiring Agreement shall be responsible for ensuring that the following conditions of hire of All Saints’ Church, Marcham are complied with in all respects.
The Hirer will enter into a Hiring Agreement with MWG.
MWG regards the safe care and protection of children and vulnerable adults as of the utmost importance. Groups that hire or use Church premises are expected to share this concern and make appropriate provision for the protection of children and vulnerable adults within their care.
THE HIRER AGREES:
1. That a booking is not confirmed until a completed hire agreement form has been received, agreed and any required deposit has been paid. This deposit will only be returned in the event that MWG cancels the booking. MWG reserves the right to cancel the booking if: exceptional, unforeseen circumstances arise; there is any breach of these conditions; or there is misstatement or material omission in connection with the hire agreement form, particularly relating to the purpose of hire.
2. To pay the balance of fees due before the commencement of the booking or as agreed if a longer term arrangement. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking and MWG is unable to arrange a replacement booking, MWG may at its absolute discretion refund the fees (less the deposit) but shall be under no obligation to do so.
3. That in the event of an important service such as a funeral taking place in the church, it may be necessary for the activity to be cancelled. In the event of MWG cancelling the booking (for this or any other reason) all fees (including the deposit) paid by the Hirer shall be refunded in full.
4. To follow any Government rules and restrictions that may apply because of Covid-19 (see * below) or other unforeseen circumstances/ events.
5. That the premises may be inspected to assess suitability for the purpose for which they are hired.
6. That no parking is included in this hire agreement.
7. To provide a copy of their public liability insurance (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Preparing for your Event
8. To be responsible for obtaining any local authority or other licenses necessary in connection with the booking.
9. To be responsible for obtaining adequate insurance against any third party claims which may lay against the Hirer’s organisation whilst using the premises.
10. That no signs, notices, posters or banners are to be displayed on the inside or outside of the building without prior written approval of MWG. All such publicity shall bear the name, contact address and telephone number of the Hirer. A copy of the programme/advertising material should be emailed to email@example.com at the same time as submitting this form.
11. That the Hirer has read MWG's safeguarding policy and agrees to adhere to its recommendations in relation to their work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. Staff and volunteers involved in work or other organised activities with children or other vulnerable people should have been DBS checked to assess their suitability to work with such people. The Hirer should tick to confirm that they have checked this .
12. To carry out a risk assessment of your activities and act on findings to mitigate any risk (following any Covid-19 restrictions applying at the time of usage). If required, a risk assessment form can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
On The Day
13. To be responsible during the period of hiring for supervision and security of the premises and protection of the fabric and contents from damage.
14. To ensure that TMWG staff/ volunteers have access to all areas hired during the period of hire.
15. To ensure that the fire apparatus of the premises are not interfered with in any way and that all emergency exits are not obstructed and all persons using the premises are aware of the location of fire appliances and emergency exits.
16. To keep the amount of noise or other disturbance to an acceptable level during the period of hire, and also during arrivals and departures so as not to cause nuisance or inconvenience to the neighbouring properties.
17. To ensure that time for setting up and clearing away the event, are clearly defined in the hire agreement and adhered to.
18. To clear up after the event both inside the also outside where any mess may have been caused by the event (including any rubbish, overflow of waste from the event and smoking mess). If the kitchenette is used, it must be left clean and tidy.
19. To look after the keys, and to return the keys as agreed. If keys are lost or stolen, the Hirer will need to pay for a replacement key or lock, including labour.
20. That all rubbish will be disposed of using the correct bins in the churchyard by the Hirer.
21. MWG welcomes people of all faiths and none. You are reminded, however, that this building is a place of Christian worship, and even though you may not share our beliefs, we ask that you are respectful of this fact in your use of the premises. It is for this reason that certain activities will not be allowed.
22. Not to permit unseemly behaviour that could be damaging to the mission or witness of MWG, or contains material or language abusive to others, or is blasphemous or idolatrous and do nothing in or near or in relation to MWG that is calculated to, or does, bring the name of MWG into disrepute.
23. The Hirer accepts full responsibility for all costs arising from injuries to any person using the premises during the period of hire. If any such injury does occur, the Hirer must inform the MWG Office of the details immediately, such that it may be recorded in the Accident book.
24. To compensate MWG for any damage or theft caused to the building, or to any fixtures, fittings or appliances belonging to MWG during the period of hire or as a result of any breach of this agreement.
25. That MWG will not be responsible or liable for any damage to, or loss of property brought onto, or left on the premises by the Hirer.
26. Access to the venue is limited to the agreed hired times. Should you find you have left something behind or require any further access, please request it via email@example.com
During most of 2020 and 2021 Covid-19 regulations meant that it was either not possible to use the Hall, or that usage was heavily restricted.
When making a booking, please do so with the awareness that if the Government re-imposes restrictions, it may not be possible for the booking to go ahead. In this eventuality MWG will refund any payment already made.
If similar restrictions are put in place again, Hirers will need to send a copy of their updated Risk Assessment to the Church Office prior to usage of the facilities and will be responsible for cleaning the room before use to make it Covid safe.
More information can be found at:
Marcham with Garford (MWG) PCC Safeguarding Policy Statement
The Parochial Church Council of Marcham with Garford has a Policy for Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults. A copy can be found HERE. Your booking agreement is conditional upon your compliance with it.
You are required to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected at all times, by taking all reasonable steps to prevent injury, illness, loss or damage occurring; and that you carry full liability insurance for this.
In particular this means that:
you will comply with the Church of England Code of Safer Working Practice, unless you have equivalent good practice guidance for work with children and young people or vulnerable adults;
you will provide the church with a copy of your organisation’s Safeguarding Policy/ies. If you do not have one you will adopt MWG's policy;
you will recruit safely all current paid and voluntary workers who work with children and/or vulnerable adults, by obtaining satisfactory disclosures from the Disclosure and Barring Service, and by keeping records of dates and disclosure numbers in accordance with DBS practice;
you will keep a list of the names of all paid and voluntary workers with regular and direct contact with children/vulnerable adults, and update it annually;
you will always have at least two leaders over the age of 18 years in any group of children and young people, no matter how small the group;
no person under the age of 18 years will be left in charge of any children or young people of any age;
no child or group of children or young people will be left unattended at any time;
a register of children, young people or vulnerable adults attending the activity will be kept securely. This will include details of their name, contact details of parent/guardian/carer etc., date of birth and next of kin;
you will immediately (within 24 hours) inform the Parish Safeguarding Officer of:
(a) the occurrence of any incidents or allegations of abuse or causes of concern relating to members or leaders of your organisation, and contact details for the person in your organisation who is dealing with it
(b) any known offenders against children or vulnerable adults seeking to join your membership, and manage such allegations or agreements with offenders in co-operation with the statutory agencies.
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for the Parish of Marcham with Garford is:
Name: Ruth Atkins
Tel. No: 97857557431
I agree to abide by the safeguarding policy. I understand that my booking agreement may be terminated in the event of my failing to comply.
I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Hire and agree to abide by them.
I have provided a copy of our public liability insurance and a risk assessment